Tissue MicroArrays (TMAs)
Tissue Microarrays (TMAs) provide our customer with a screening tool representing multiple donors. TMAs can discover new protein or genetic markers and can be tools in diagnostic development and validation. Tissue arrays can also measure protein, RNA or DNA markers, and are compatible with immunohistochemistry (IHC) staining and potentially In Situ Hybridization (ISH). Standard human derived TMAs of tumor and normal samples are available for research studies (from FFPE or Frozen tissue). Products are available both as sections as well as whole block. Custom TMAs are available upon request.
Forvantage™ Tissue Microarrays (TMAs)
Asterand Bioscience Forvantage™ Tissue Microarrays (TMAs), specifically designed for drug discovery and clinical marker research, can be used in development of diagnostics, therapeutics and for the study of new gene/protein markers.
Asterand Bioscience offers several standard TMA products, custom TMA design and manufacture as well as services for immunohistochemistry (IHC) and In Situ Hybridization (ISH). Each TMA is accompanied by a representative map and key that includes clinical and donor demographics. All specimens are collected using consented donors under IRB approval and are pre-reviewed by a board certified pathologist to confirm tissue type and diagnosis.
Our high-density, high-quality oncology and normal tissue FFPE microarrays are currently available in three standard formats:
- Core4OncArray representing over 120 cases (360 0.6mm cores) of breast, prostate, lung and colon cancer with representative normal tissue from each organ
- CoreNormArray representing a FDA panel of 36 normal tissues from 3 donors (324 0.6mm cores)
- CoreOncArray representing 12 different tumor types with associated normal controls with 72 unique samples (144 1.0mm cores)
In addition, the following TMAs are available:
- fCoreFDAArray representing 36 FDA/EMA cross-reactivity tissues arranged across three separate frozen arrays, each containing 12 non-diseased human tissues in duplicate, from three donors (72 1.5mm cores)
- Custom designed microarrays are available through our PhaseZERO®services
Frozen TMA set
An example of a frozen TMA set for tissue cross reactivity screening. Each set consists of three arrays. Each array has 12 non-diseased human tissues, each in duplicate from three donors. The frozen TMA set includes the 36 tissues recommended for cross reactivity screening by the FDA and EMA.
Benefits of Forvantage Tissue Microarrays
- Screen large sample set for discovery of diagnostic, prognostic or drug responsive or drug responsive biomarkers
- Discover new drug targets for cancer and other diseases through exploration of molecular targets at the DNA, RNA or protein level
- Decrease bench-time through increased high-density throughput
- Decrease cost through improved accuracy and reproducibility with board certified pathology review of every case
- Entire TMA block available to facilitate large or bundled analysis
For further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our ecommerce site for current availability and purchasing options.